Thread Contributor: Nasty
Fishing?
Anyone here a fisherman/fisherwoman?

I personally has just recently gotten into fishing in the past year or so and I can already say that I have found one of my truly beloved passions. I've been fishing for mainly catfish, but recently been fishing some bass. I also want to get into Carp fishing.

Anyone here fish? Would love to hear some stories!

I go fishing but not frequently because when I go it is for food. Usually just go for catfish.

But here is a semi funny but dangerous story. When I lived in Upstate New York it was winter and I decided to go fishing on the small creek which had very strong rapids and about 5-6ft deep water in the area I was at, anyways a few friends joined me and we had to cross the creek to get to a good spot so there was a semi shallow spot about 2ft deep we walked across on rocks I ended up slipping and falling into the 5-6ft deep area the water temperature was at freezing point and the water was so cold that it was hard to breathe and the shock was strong. 

Anyways I got out started waking home and my clothing was turning to ice because it was 0 degrees out and windy. A lady seen me and told me to get in her house and dry off, without the help of her id probably have gotten hypothermia which could of been life threatening.

This was also before I became a prepper and got into survival.

(12-01-2016, 06:16 AM)South Wrote: I go fishing but not frequently because when I go it is for food. Usually just go for catfish.

But here is a semi funny but dangerous story. When I lived in Upstate New York it was winter and I decided to go fishing on the small creek which had very strong rapids and about 5-6ft deep water in the area I was at, anyways a few friends joined me and we had to cross the creek to get to a good spot so there was a semi shallow spot about 2ft deep we walked across on rocks I ended up slipping and falling into the 5-6ft deep area the water temperature was at freezing point and the water was so cold that it was hard to breathe and the shock was strong. 

Anyways I got out started waking home and my clothing was turning to ice because it was 0 degrees out and windy. A lady seen me and told me to get in her house and dry off, without the help of her id probably have gotten hypothermia which could of been life threatening.

An actual prepper, I haven't seen those on these types of forums. I have been trying to get into prepping for two years. I didn't want to become a mall ninja, so I read what type of basic gear I should get, and it went from there. I think of the realistic scenarios when it comes to prepping such as the ones that are most likely to affect my area. I haven't fished much, because I live in the city. I usually fish when I go camping, otherwise it is impossible in my region.

Regarding prepping, I am currently working on an advanced medical kit. From what I have heard making your Bug-Out Kit or any kit for a matter of fact is better when it is handpicked by the person. I also would like to move to a rural or suburban region one day since I prefer living away from the amount of people that live where I do. It's interesting to find out that there are preppers on this forum. (I said a little too much in details, not much about the thread.)

- Lerk

My fishing history is also mostly for food while camping and not for just kicks.

On the topic of prepping, I too have some gear and a GOOD bag sitting in my house ready to go at any time.
At this point I can be ready and out the door within five minutes with enough supplies and such to survive by myself in the woods without needing to emerge for about a month.
Two weeks if I only have time to grab my main bag and not get my deep pocket pants and side bag.

(12-01-2016, 06:16 AM)South Wrote: I go fishing but not frequently because when I go it is for food. Usually just go for catfish.

Damn lol what a story. That's unique.

(12-01-2016, 07:26 PM)Lerk Wrote:

An actual prepper, I haven't seen those on these types of forums. I have been trying to get into prepping for two years. I didn't want to become a mall ninja, so I read what type of basic gear I should get, and it went from there. I think of the realistic scenarios when it comes to prepping such as the ones that are most likely to affect my area. I haven't fished much, because I live in the city. I usually fish when I go camping, otherwise it is impossible in my region.

Regarding prepping, I am currently working on an advanced medical kit. From what I have heard making your Bug-Out Kit or any kit for a matter of fact is better when it is handpicked by the person. I also would like to move to a rural or suburban region one day since I prefer living away from the amount of people that live where I do. It's interesting to find out that there are preppers on this forum. (I said a little too much in details, not much about the thread.)

- Lerk
Yeah you should never buy any pre-made kits of any kind, whether it be medical or a bug out bag buy the contents on there own, those pre made ones are usually filled with useless junk that would never hold up in any real scenario. 

Most of my items were purchased online or at walmart. I have a bunch of genuine hospital medical supplies from my mother when she lived here which was a big addition. I have a medical kit in my bug out bag as well as a home medical kit which I decided to store in a big tool chest that was not in use.

I haven't ever been fishing (literally) To be honest though, it's a subject that I have never really been into, I don't think I ever will be. I may try it at some point though, but I doubt that.
If you need assistance with anything, feel free to message me.

I am NOT a robot or am I?

I haven't been fishing since I was a kid.  My grandparents use to have a boat and they've taken me fishing in it when I was a kid.  But I haven't been fishing recently.