Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register

Silence
ThisForum.Info | Need Help
So I recently purchased the domain https://thisforum.info in an attempt to let site and forum owners register and post their site. Rather than posting it on a forum which may or may not ban you, they'd be able to post it on the site where users can see what the site is about, see how it looks without actually registering, various staff members, leave testimonials about their own opinions about their site experience, etc. 

PEOPLE I'M LOOKING FOR
I'm looking for people who are fairly experienced with coding, or know of software and templates that can perform what I'm trying to accomplish. Sadly, I cannot pay you for your efforts, but this would be an interesting project to help you advance your skills and knowledge. Submitted sites would be able to be accessed by https://thisforum.info/siteurl.ending

SITE NECESSITIES
For ThisForum.Info I'm looking for the following features to be present.
  • User registration.
  • Site submission.
    • Site Title and URL.
    • Description (Minimum character limit).
    • Niches (Tag form).
    • Screenshots of site index, a thread and a user page (cropped to square ratio w/ lightbox to view full image).
    • Site Verification (a .txt file uploaded to root of site submission pointing towards ThisForum.Info).
  • User testimonials.
  • Rating System (Star-based appearance).
I know it's a lot to ask, but it will definitely allow for leniency and see what you can do. This will certainly let you expand your knowledge and solidify your understanding of it. Credit will be given where credit is due, of course. 

If you're interested you can message me at any of the following:
[Image: fyuAgEq.jpg]
This is a lot for free services, couple hundred dollars to hire someone and code everything. But good luck
[Image: 4OSgUXa.png]
(11-29-2016, 11:56 PM)Aberrant Wrote: This is a lot for free services, couple hundred dollars to hire someone and code everything. But good luck

I mainly just want to know if there's already an existing thing out there can can cover all of this. I can edit things heavily, I just can't create them from scratch.
I always remember minecraft server lists, and people go on and vote for the forums and stuff idk :c
So from what you're telling me you need the followings:
1 - User Registration/login
2 - Thread
3 - File Upload
4 - Rating
5 - Comment/Post

As for tags, you want to see the top trending tags? You want to be able to search via tags?
Not sure about site verification to be honest.

1 - Do you want e-mail verification?
1 - Do you want password recovery?

2 - This will require a title, a description and images, anything else?

3 - Upload file ability for no. 2

4 - Can guests also rate or only registered users?

5 - Can guests do 'testimonies' or only registered users?
[Image: DRPkiTY.gif]
How would the threads be organized?

Honestly seems like something you could just heavily modify forum software to do. Not the most efficient way but certainly plausible.
(11-30-2016, 12:02 AM)Silence Wrote:
(11-29-2016, 11:56 PM)Aberrant Wrote: This is a lot for free services, couple hundred dollars to hire someone and code everything. But good luck

I mainly just want to know if there's already an existing thing out there can can cover all of this. I can edit things heavily, I just can't create them from scratch.

There are a lot of services like this on the internet. You are not the first one to think about this.
[Image: eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwOi8vaS5pbWd1ci5jb20vYXJQ...height=104]
(11-30-2016, 02:29 PM)LOL Wrote: There are a lot of services like this on the internet. You are not the first one to think about this.

Can you share some for reference? He never claimed to have been the first to have the idea. Nothing wrong with competition between services.
PM me a website brief, so I can know what you need done for your project.

- Lerk
(11-30-2016, 08:19 AM)On3. Wrote: SNIPPED

What I need:
  1. User Registration/Login
  2. Page/Wiki (not really a thread)
  3. File/Image Uploading
  4. User Rating
  5. Commenting

For the tags the different pages would list the various niches the site covers, you could search for forums by tag. No top trending tags. The index of the site, however, could have the most recently active forums (Based on user comments/rates) as well as a list of all available tags.
  • So something like NF would have "General", "Graphics", "Technology" and "Marketplace Discussion".
  • Something like LF would have "General", "Leak", "Coding", "Marketplace Discussion", etc.

They require the following:
  • Site Title
  • Site URL
  • Niche Tags
  • Images

I'd like for E-mail verification as well as Password Recovery. Possibly 2FA for those who run a forum or just wish for that extra security layer. I might also add a "Passphrase" type thing in case you're logging in from a new IP, like LF has.

The only ones able to rate and give testimonies/feedback would be registered users.
Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register