Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register

jurew2
Subbed vs Dubbed
Which anime do you preffer to watch, subbed or dubbed?

I preffer to watch subbed anime over dubbed, because I think that it feels better watching the characters with the original voices, you can see more emotions this way. I'm also not bothered by having to read the subtitles to understand what they're saying, because I've been watching a lot of subbed videos, movies, anime etc. that it doesn't bother me anymore. It's like the subtitles aren't even there. I know that some people get annoyed by having to read the subtittles, but I'm not one of them.
I would prefer dubbed because I would hate to have to read everything being said.
Private message me with Questions, Comments, or Concerns.
I'd take subbed over dubbed everyday. That way you can hear the original voices of all characters (well, as original as they could be, considering that most anime are made after a manga) and feel closer to them.
Most times when I hear something dubbed in my native language or from a foreign language (like Japanese) to English, it sounds very awkward.
Those are my reasons to have never watched a dubbed anime. I don't even plan on watching one dubbed, especially since only the most popular ones get dubbed.
For me it really depends. There are pros and cons on both. When I am lazy I prefer the dubbed ones but normally I prefer the original intended voices.
I watch dubbed, usually with subs as well just because I watch everything with subtitles :P The animes I've watched all have great dubs and I think plenty of the voice actors do a great job.
[Image: livingdealgirl_by_sarahkik-d60wqn4.png]
[Image: wrtwdaff2.gif]
I prefer subbed over dubbed. I don't like how they dubbed the anime. I don't like their voice acting and it sound so horrible you can't hear the feelings of the characters. And sometimes the voice doesn't match the character. And I'm pretty much used to it by reading a subtitles because I've been watching anime with subs for many years.
I prefer subbed animes. The problem with dubbed ones is that sometimes, the dubber (?) doesn't really get the emotion of the character, so the lines end up lacking. For instance, when I watch dubbed animes on Cartoon Network, it just felt weird. Another example is that I can't seem to accept it when Naruto or some other character speaks in English.
Expecto Patronum!
I mostly watch m shows in subbed form... However, there are many shows that do indeed have decent English dubs. For example, Baka and Test was dubbed by FUNIMATION and I'm going to be honest, they did a pretty good job. It all depends on the type of show and the subject matter when you think about it. Regardless, I do mostly prefer sub because I can avoid all those cringe worthy performances by the English voice actors.
I prefer subs over dubs because like previous comments, it was the original voice. The writers(or at least someone on the team) got to choose who represented their character, and the voice actors themselves properly deliver emotions. There are very few good dubs, but even then, I prefer the original because the animation was set to sync with the japanese audio. Even if it looks alright with dubs, it never beats the original ones.
Discord: Mayo Neighs#3706
Twitter: makkoiiVA
SoundCloud: makkoii

Avatar art by quartz on PokeFarmQ, not to be used without permission.
I mainly prefer my anime English dubbed. I'm not huge on subtitles but will tolerate them if I want to see the show or Japanese movie bad enough.
Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register