Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register

ericbarbwire
Obscure Playstation 2 Game
Hey guys, just got some nostalgia about a game I used to be addicted to. Like a lot of Nineties kids I played a lot of Neopets the web social game. They also released a PS2 game called "neopets the darkest faerie" It was actually super hype, had puzzles Fable-esque gameplay. But it wasn't received too well for some reason. I haven't played it in ages because I don't even have a working PS2 but I'd love to play it again some day!
I never played Neopets, but that sounds really interesting - especially the Fable part.
I love PS2 because there are so many underrated games.
Just checked out it's Gamefaqs page and it has super high ratings from user reviews, especially for a game created on a web social game. Need to give it a shot! Thanks for letting me know about it.
I also personally didn't play Neopets, but I do remember there being a huge hype about it. I never understood it when I was a kid, I was completely content with my Pokemon and Harvest Moon(a broad spectrum). The Fablesque idea is kind of cool, though. I feel like they could have played that off and gotten more publicity for it with that.
The Neopets game reminded me of Dark Cloud and Dark Cloud 2. I only played the first one, but I mildly enjoyed. It was sort of like Zelda, but with hack 'n' slash dungeons and collecting objects in order to rebuild villages.
It even had sort of similar graphic style to the Neopets game.
(12-18-2015, 06:52 PM)Elfprincess Wrote: The Neopets game reminded me of Dark Cloud and Dark Cloud 2. I only played the first one, but I mildly enjoyed. It was sort of like Zelda, but with hack 'n' slash dungeons and collecting objects in order to rebuild villages.

Dark Cloud... I've never heard of it.
This was on Playstation?
Playstation did have a lot of obscure games, I remember playing a Mary Kate and Ashley game in my lifetime...
I used to play the website games a bit but never knew they released a console version. I just found it on amazon for $4, going to have to check this one out soon. It kind of looks like a spyro game (graphics and design)
My older sister was addicted to Neopets. I had no idea there was a PS2 game, though.
(12-22-2015, 03:11 PM)Maelalove Wrote:
(12-18-2015, 06:52 PM)Elfprincess Wrote: The Neopets game reminded me of Dark Cloud and Dark Cloud 2. I only played the first one, but I mildly enjoyed. It was sort of like Zelda, but with hack 'n' slash dungeons and collecting objects in order to rebuild villages.

This was on Playstation?
Playstation did have a lot of obscure games, I remember playing a Mary Kate and Ashley game in my lifetime...

Yeah ^^ 

The game had two parts. It was sort of similar to Zelda, but with dungeon crawling and re-building villages with parts found in said dungeons. It was quite fun. I've only played the first one, though.
(12-22-2015, 03:11 PM)Maelalove Wrote:

This was on Playstation?

Dark Cloud and Dark Cloud 2 were very good, underrated RPGs. Yeah, those were just two games that fell under the radar in favor of more popular RPGs like Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts. I'd say one of the more noteworthy things about it is how you can rebuild villages. Though you need particular items, and have to meet certain criteria, you pretty much have control of how you want to rebuild the villages. In any case, the visuals are quite nice. There's a sort of Anime artstyle to both games, the second one being cell shaded. So, if you're curious about it, I do think you should check out Dark Cloud 1 and 2. I do think that the combat system is a bit more fluid in the second one, but both are still good.
Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register