Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register

Maelalove
Favorite Playstation?
I know a lot of us Playstation fans have had almost all of the consoles at one point in time or at least played with one. Which one was your favorite? For me, it's the Playstation 2, closely followed by the original. I have super reminiscent days when I remember the old Playstations, although I love the new ones too.
(01-27-2016, 08:44 AM)Maelalove Wrote: I know a lot of us Playstation fans have had almost all of the consoles at one point in time or at least played with one. Which one was your favorite? For me, it's the Playstation 2, closely followed by the original. I have super reminiscent days when I remember the old Playstations, although I love the new ones too.

I got PS1, 3, and 4. But the one i liked the most should be PS2, because of the game library and graphics.
https://www.G2G.com - The best C2C platform for gamer to buy and sell virtual assets / goods!
Hum. I'd probably rank 'em like this so far:

- PS2
- PS1
- PS3
- PS4

The PS2 had, for my money, the best library of games out of the lot. I've got an enormous library of PS2 games that I tend to break out more often than those of any other console. PS1 has a lot of RPG classics, so it has to come second, and the PS3... is the PS3. Awesome console in general. PS4 gets the bottom rung mainly because none of its games have REALLY wowed me yet, aside from maybe Fallout 4, but the system itself is solid.
I think we all have a little skewed perspective on consoles especially considering we spent massively different periods of our lives playing them. I know that's the case for me. As far as nostalgia goes, PS1 is my jam, I still sometimes fire up an emulator and play Crash or Twisted Metal. I like both PS2 and PS3 as well, but I think we still haven't seen the full potential of the PS4 and I think when it's all said and done, PS4 might come out as the best console compared to its predecessors.
PS2 is not only the best PlayStation, but a best console ever, in my humble opinion. It had so many wonderful games for literally everyone - kids, adults, even fans of more challenging and weird titles. No wonder it lasted so long on the market. Even shortly before the end of it's production, solid titles were delivered (not many, but still! For example Persona 4). It had the best exclusives, imho (Kingdom Hearts, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, etc).
I've spent many hours playing wonderful titles on it, thanks to it I've fallen in love with MGS and Silent Hill, as well as the productions of Team Ico.
(01-27-2016, 10:59 AM)Garrus Wrote: I think we all have a little skewed perspective on consoles especially considering we spent massively different periods of our lives playing them. I know that's the case for me. As far as nostalgia goes, PS1 is my jam, I still sometimes fire up an emulator and play Crash or Twisted Metal. I like both PS2 and PS3 as well, but I think we still haven't seen the full potential of the PS4 and I think when it's all said and done, PS4 might come out as the best console compared to its predecessors.

Agreed. We're all going to be a little biased to whatever we're nostalgic for. That said, I'd go with PS2. I played a LOT of PS1 games and those are the ones I'm admittedly MOST nostalgic for, but as they were all playable on the PS2 as well, I feel like I'm leaning towards that. The PS2 is also the console I had the longest. (I didn't get a PS3 until last year.) Plus, the PS2 served as my DVD player for a very long time. xD
I think that PS is second best to PS2 (by which I mean that it's awesome) - it started everything, had great graphics for the time and many iconic games came out for it (FFVII and MGS, for example... though they were also available on PC). I love it a lot - my favorite game is Galerians, a small, underrated gem of survival horror - but PS2 overshadowed it for me.
(01-27-2016, 03:18 PM)MandyMarieB Wrote:
(01-27-2016, 10:59 AM)Garrus Wrote: I think we all have a little skewed perspective on consoles especially considering we spent massively different periods of our lives playing them. I know that's the case for me. As far as nostalgia goes, PS1 is my jam, I still sometimes fire up an emulator and play Crash or Twisted Metal. I like both PS2 and PS3 as well, but I think we still haven't seen the full potential of the PS4 and I think when it's all said and done, PS4 might come out as the best console compared to its predecessors.

Agreed. We're all going to be a little biased to whatever we're nostalgic for. That said, I'd go with PS2. I played a LOT of PS1 games and those are the ones I'm admittedly MOST nostalgic for, but as they were all playable on the PS2 as well, I feel like I'm leaning towards that. The PS2 is also the console I had the longest. (I didn't get a PS3 until last year.) Plus, the PS2 served as my DVD player for a very long time. xD

I probably should've said the same now that I think about it. I got PS2 probably around the time it came out and I had that console the longest as well. I forgot how I played some PS1 games on there, and it my first (and only) DVD player. Hm, yeah, PS2 definitely feels like the best console from this perspective. I'm still waiting to see what PS4 can do too though.
Playstation 2

I didn't "love" this console but it was the last playstation I have ever owned. It also was pretty fun to play my old ps1 games on. Time to get an emulator I guess. Thanks OP for bringing back memories.
I vote for the PlayStation 2 because it lasted 12 years and they kept making new games for it for 12 years, which is an amazing run considering that modern consoles are obsolete after about 4 years. It also had an amazing , massive library of games that people still talk about today like ICO and the Final Fantasy games. The PS2 had a golden age of RPGs where there was a crap ton of pretty good Japanese RPGs coming out all the time. I still play my PS2 sometimes in 2016.
Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register