Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register

aboleth_lich
Ronda Rousey as Metroid's Samus Aran?
Apparently mixed martial artist Ronda Rousey has recently expressed interest in playing Samus Aran should someone develop a live-action Metroid movie.

While I would certainly say that she has the physicality and physical appearance demanded by the role, I also question her largely untested acting ability.  (I'm aware that she's made cameos in the Entourage movie and other such things, but I have yet to see her sufficiently act myself.)

At any rate it's a somewhat interesting name to add to the potential short list for casting Samus Aran in a hypothetical Metroid movie, alongside more obvious choices like Charlize Theron, Katee Sackhoff, Scarlett Johansson, and Jennifer Lawrence among others.

And, of course, there's also the question as to whether making a live-action Metroid movie would be a worthwhile endeavor in the first place given the track record for live-action video game adaptions!
Ehhh... no thanks. While she certainly does have the look, and would peg the toughness factor, I'd want a proven actor to take the role. There have been too many crap video game movies to date, and something as inherently cool as Metroid needs to be done right. Especially since it seems like the kind of film that can be plausibly represented on the big screen. I'd like to see Katee Sackhoff in the role, personally - her Starbuck was pretty close attitude-wise to how I picture Samus acting towards superior officers. (Assuming we ignore Other M, that is.)
Well, my ideal pick for the lead role in a hypothetical Metroid movie would be Charlize Theron--even if that choice is rather on-the-nose and obvious. But that being said, I would be quite happy with Katie Sackhoff as Samus based upon her performance as Starbuck in the modern Battlestar Galactica series. However, I wonder whether or not a studio would be willing to cast an actress who isn't more of a prominent A-lister--but then again at least Sackhoff is a proven actress first rather then an unproven MMA fighter toying with acting!
Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register