Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register

Gooze
BioShock
Wasn't sure if this belonged here or in Computer Gaming, but it's multi-console, so.

BioShock! My favorite series at the moment. I ran through 1 and 2 on Xbox360, one after the other, and after a couple months of waiting I've managed to get my hands on Infinite for PC just earlier today. Really excited to start working through it, even though I've gone and spoiled myself already. It's still really interesting to see how much focus there is on the character's name and identity, whereas we never really found out what Jack looked like (even his name was only seen once) in-game, and Delta's name/appearance wasn't important either. But Infinite so far is really pushing Booker's identity.

BioShock 2 is currently my favorite game. The gameplay is fun and satisfying, the character designs are great (Big Sisters are some of my absolute favorites), and I personally found the story more engaging than BS1. Generally speaking, 1 had a much stronger beginning and a god-awful end, whereas I thought 2 dragged at a snail's pace at the beginning but became super compelling and enjoyable for the entire second half.

So, I absolutely love these games (despite not having finished Infinite yet), and would strongly recommend them to anyone who likes good story- and character-driven games. I haven't played many FPSes, so I can't compare the gameplay to whatever is standard, but I thought 1 played well (albeit repetitive and sometimes clunky), and 2 improved upon every gameplay issue I had with 1.

I would only recommend playing 1 for the story, but admittedly it gets kind of awful after the twist, and the final boss is terrible. 2's final battle is a little underwhelming, but still fun overall. I thought the fights were a lot more satisfying in 2.

So, thoughts? Other people who have played? Keep your spoilers in spoiler tags, please, thank you.
Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register