Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register

Movies based on books?
Do you ever go watch movies that are based on a book you've read?  Do you enjoy the movies more or the books more?  Why?
I have seen a few movies that are based on books, in fact, one of my favorite movies "Let the right one in" is based on the book with the same title. Although the book, of course, is far more descriptive and detailed.
[Image: CeODU1G.gif]
I always read the books first and then the movies, it's a weird thing i do, so that i am able to make up my own scenarios and images of characters in my head rather than be influenced by the film and the way its done. And then of course when I'm done reading I'll watch the film. Sometimes it's interesting because films add twists to the storyline which either make or break the story. It's very rare for me to choose the film version over the books. Unless it's a stellar film production.
(04-17-2017, 03:40 PM)marshmallow Wrote: I always read the books first and then the movies, it's a weird thing i do, so that i am able to make up my own scenarios and images of characters in my head rather than be influenced by the film and the way its done. And then of course when I'm done reading I'll watch the film. Sometimes it's interesting because films add twists to the storyline which either make or break the story. It's very rare for me to choose the film version over the books. Unless it's a stellar film production.

I actually do the same thing for the same reason.  I like to form my own thoughts and images from the book before going to see the movie.  I also will pick the book over the movie 99% of the time.  It's rare that I'll pick the movie over the book and I think most people will say the same thing.
Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register