Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register

Suraf
[Petition] Protect your right to privacy on Windows 10!
Microsoft needs to allow Windows 10 users to opt out of telemetry data collection!

This is a petition created by Jerry Berg that basically states to allow Windows 10 consumers to have an opt out option for the Telemetry data collection. The enterprise level of Windows 10 already has this opt-out option available while the consumer level does not.

If you want to protect your right to privacy, I urge you to read this petition for more information and sign to get this change to consumers. The petition already reached about 9,500+ signatures and it is still growing.

Thanks

P.S For a basic level and full level on what telemetry data Microsoft actually collects as of Creators Update, check the following links:
On the basic level page, CTRL-F and type "IMEI" which is your Mobile Equipment ID. If you have a SIM card in your phone that runs the Windows 10 operating system will collect this IMEI (it is your personally-identifiable number on your cellular network) With that number, your cell provider knows exactly knows who are and everything that is transacted between your mobile device and their cellular towers.
<br>
While i totally condone this you i got to be honest here, most people just don't care and rightfully so, most of these guys are totally incapable of installing any linux distro much less use one with no goodies unlike windows..
The privacy issues are caused by Microsoft having a monopoly on the operating system market, If people want any chance of action for this issue they need to look at trying to convince the US government to bring a anti-trust lawsuit against Microsoft.
(04-17-2017, 09:15 AM)__James__ Wrote: While i totally condone this you i got to be honest here, most people just don't care and rightfully so, most of these guys are totally incapable of installing any linux distro much less use one with no goodies unlike windows..

You're not wrong, about half the people just want an operating system so they simply don't care but those who like the Windows operating system but are into the long-hard privacy thing or even die-hard Windows users will attack Microsoft until things get done correctly and there are even those who simply just want to protect their right.
<br>
Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register