Thread Contributor: katos
Sony Buys Gesture-Tracker And 3D-Sensor Maker, SoftKinetic
[Image: screen-shot-2015-10-08-at-10-09-24-am.png?w=680] Sony has announced it has acquired Belgium-based SoftKinetic, a maker of 3D sensing computer vision technologies including Kinect-style depth cameras, CMOS depth chips and gesture-tracking middleware. Read More[Image: -iS0yNGL8GA]
"I'm a gamer, not because I don't have a life... But because I choose to have many"

I don't know if that'll do them any good.

[USER=71]@Naiwen[/USER] it will allow them to directly compete with the Kinect, and allows for a closer competition. This allows Sony a smart move to push into games that gave Xbox the niche - making the market share smaller. In that sense, I feel that the move is smart, however Sony needs to REALLY push next-generation and unique ideas in my eyes, to give them the "wow, look at that!" that they need in order to drag the XBox users across.

As well as that, I feel that if one of them were able to reduce the price (even just a little) then this would give them a huge advantage! :)
"I'm a gamer, not because I don't have a life... But because I choose to have many"