Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register

JennyorAlice
Fix your computer?
Where do you take your computer to when it's broken and needs repair?  How much do you end up spending on getting your computer fixed?  Are there times you can fix it yourself?
I have had my laptop since I was 16 and it has been working ever since there was a battery issue however since then I've sold it.
[Image: CeODU1G.gif]
My hubby is an electronic technician so I don't have to take my computer anywhere to get it fixed (if there is anything wrong with it in the first place).  So, the only thing I have to buy is parts that need replacing (if any).
I always fix my own computer.
I'm a Mac user, and unfortunately I'm too afraid to loose my warranty (which happens the second I open something up) to fix it myself. Luckily, the past two-three repairs I've needed have been covered by the warranty, so I haven't paid a dime in years.
A lot of people are using something called Geek Squad in the store Best Buy. Personally I think it's a rip off only because it's incredibly expensive and you end up having to pay almost close to the amount it cost to buy a brand new computer. Personally if my computer goes bad I just buy a new one. Though I can see how this might be useful for people who may have spent 2k-$3,000 on a PC, however for my $500 Toshiba I basically just end up having to get a new one. They seem to last a lot longer then HP or Dell's. Toshibas seem to be the best computers to last the longest.
Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register