Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register

Naiwen
I lost my Patience today at a Clerk!
Because she couldn't speak English at all. She was way too slow : I waited 15 minutes and at the end, I didn't get what I wanted because she couldn't understand me. Other customers like me who spoke English left the place without getting what they wanted either. I know I shouldn't have lost my temper, but waiting 15 minutes for something you want is enough to get your goat up! And with someone who didn't understand a word you're saying to her! Why do they hire people who aren't fluent in both languages? We are a bilingual country here in Canada after all.
 [Image: Hello-Kitty-45-1.jpg]
I don't blame you for acting the way you did. I would be fuming. I would say understanding and being able to speak English is a necessary requirement to work in a store, especially in a country where English is more or less the primary language.
[Image: CeODU1G.gif]
I would say so as well.  If you are going to work with the public, you should at least be able to speak the language that the public is speaking.  I would have mentioned something to the manager and made sure that the manager understood that I would not be spending my time there ever again if they didn't have workers who could speak the native language.
(12-16-2015, 04:06 PM)JennyorAlice Wrote: I would say so as well.  If you are going to work with the public, you should at least be able to speak the language that the public is speaking.  I would have mentioned something to the manager and made sure that the manager understood that I would not be spending my time there ever again if they didn't have workers who could speak the native language.

Actually, I'm in the French Canada part, but some people speak only English, and although technically speaking, we should be a bilingual country and we've got French and English as mandatory classes in school. So yeah, I don't understand how she got hired, being unilingual and all.
 [Image: Hello-Kitty-45-1.jpg]
Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register