Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register

Naiwen
Nearly been sexually assaulted Today by someone I know!
Omg, today, when I went to see my therapist, after I saw her, a friend of mine randomly started kissing me and after I told him i was uncomfortable with it, he still continued and said : "Suck my ( Removed)  you can do that for me, right?" And he said : "If you like me, you'll want to do that to me. So my question is, even though I said yes, under his coercion and seduction, does it count as rape or sexual assault of any kind? Thats what I'm trying to figure out right now. Right now, I'm just scared. It was someone whom I totally trusted and didn't expect him to do that to me. So yeah, any good advice about what to do? And don't say tell my parents, because I can't tell them, they'll blame it on me and kick me out of the house, so yeah. Can't be in any worse than now. I feel so ashamed of myself and thinking, why didn't I defend myself against him? Its because its someone I knew, so I don't feel like calling the cops on him either. I tried to tell him to stop, but he wouldn't.
 [Image: Hello-Kitty-45-1.jpg]
In the UK, this would actually constitute the definition of "Rape" due to you not consenting to the sexual activities, and due to the person in question (in as sense) 'forcing' themselves upon you. If you have sex with someone without checking for consent you are putting yourself at risk of being charged for rape. That's why it's so important that you always check the other person is really up for it before going ahead.

Furthermore, the UK law actually states:

Quote:It's actually classified as rape if she's saying no in any way at all. She might not say 'no' but if she's indicating it in other ways, it's the same thing in the eyes of the law.

So you showing visual signs of being uncomfortable, and not wanting the actions that he was making, it would be classified as sexual assualt. But if he didn't have "sex" with you, then it wouldn't technically classify as rape, instead it would be sexual assault.

Quote:the definition by law is that rape is committed with a penis.

Sexual assault means being made to take part in any sexual activity or being touched in a sexual way without your agreement.

We have a legal advice board that states the following:

Quote:I felt really scared so I just went along with it. I can’t have been sexually assaulted because I didn’t say no.

You don’t have to say no in words. Many people who are threatened, frightened, tricked or stopped from escaping feel so scared that they choose not to say anything and not to ‘fight back’.
This is a way people survive sexual attack. The law says that your consent has to be given freely.

I know that this is a touchy subject, but hopefully this gives you some insight and helps clear some things up.

"I'm a gamer, not because I don't have a life... But because I choose to have many"
(12-19-2015, 09:43 PM)katos Wrote: In the UK, this would actually constitute the definition of "Rape" due to you not consenting to the sexual activities, and due to the person in question (in as sense) 'forcing' themselves upon you. If you have sex with someone without checking for consent you are putting yourself at risk of being charged for rape. That's why it's so important that you always check the other person is really up for it before going ahead.

Furthermore, the UK law actually states:

Quote:It's actually classified as rape if she's saying no in any way at all. She might not say 'no' but if she's indicating it in other ways, it's the same thing in the eyes of the law.

Thanks, I've called the cops on him. 

So you showing visual signs of being uncomfortable, and not wanting the actions that he was making, it would be classified as sexual assualt. But if he didn't have "sex" with you, then it wouldn't technically classify as rape, instead it would be sexual assault.

Quote:the definition by law is that rape is committed with a penis.

Sexual assault means being made to take part in any sexual activity or being touched in a sexual way without your agreement.

We have a legal advice board that states the following:

Quote:I felt really scared so I just went along with it. I can’t have been sexually assaulted because I didn’t say no.

You don’t have to say no in words. Many people who are threatened, frightened, tricked or stopped from escaping feel so scared that they choose not to say anything and not to ‘fight back’.
This is a way people survive sexual attack. The law says that your consent has to be given freely.

I know that this is a touchy subject, but hopefully this gives you some insight and helps clear some things up.

[Image: Hello-Kitty-45-1.jpg]
Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register