Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register

Venvasion
Ubisoft Preparing For Possible Vivendi Hostile Takeover
The French giant Vivendi has begun making moves to take control of the game developer and publisher Ubisoft.Vivendi went from having around a 10% stake in Ubisoft to 15% in the recent months.

Ubisoft is doing everything within their power to keep Vivendi at bay, calling the situation a ‘hostile’ takeover by Vivendi.
Yves Guillemot (Ubisoft’s CEO) started Ubisoft along with his four brother more than 30 year ago and he doesn’t want to give it up to Vivendi. Guillemot and a group of executives have been in Canada this week, meeting with potential investors to shore up support as the French media conglomerate continues to buy shares in the company. Canada is a logical choice for Guillemot to shore up support. The company has major studios in Montreal, Quebec, and Toronto, and employs over 3,000 people in the country. On Thursday, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau toured the Ubisoft Montreal studios, trying out some of the company’s virtual reality offerings.

“We want to increase the number of Canadian shareholders in Ubisoft to have better control over the capital,” saidGuillemot before continuing on to say that he is approaching investors with longer-term investment horizons. “We feel it’s a good defence.”
Vivendi, who once owned a nice percentage of Activision Blizzard (Blizzard bought their way out of that), has even gone as far as making an unsolicited offer to Gameloft SE, a company owned by one of the Guillemot brothers. By approaching one of the co-founders with 500-million euros ($750-million), it appears as though Vivendi is looking to buy their way into outvoting the Ubisoft CEO.

What do you think about this?

Provided by GameVify.
Wow, thats some news! So the French are wanting Ubisoft eh? Well, I hope they don't get it and as a Canadian-Chinese, I'm proud that its CEO is thinking of my country as a potential investor. I'm proud of my Prime Minister as well.
 [Image: Hello-Kitty-45-1.jpg]
Really hope ubisoft plays safe and can hold their ground. I just hope they can do I without hyperinflation of stock prices...
"I'm a gamer, not because I don't have a life... But because I choose to have many"
Hopefully they don't take them over, I wouldn't want to risk them potentially shunting the uniquness of the games Ubisoft creates. Vivendi used to control Activision, so it makes me wonder is they would try pushing some of Ubisoft games in the same direction as Activisions if they were to take them over.
Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register