Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register

Venvasion
Young Man Breaks 16th Century Statue While Taking a Selfie
[Image: 150812_1.jpg]

This 126-years-old sculpture was a representation of Dom Sebastiao, a Portuguese king who was killed in 1578 at the “Battle of the Three Kings” in Morocco at age 24.

Dom Sebastiao, who ruled between 1557 and 1578, is a tragic figure in Portuguese history. According to Portuguese folklore, Sebastiao’s body was never found and he could return any day to reclaim his throne and save Portugal in times of trouble.

[Image: statuia_port.jpg]
The man, whom the police did not identify, accidentally toppled Sebastiao’s statue after climbing up to its pedestal outside the Rossio railway station in central Lisbon.

Portugal’s Observador newspaper reports that Infraestruturas de Portugal, the government entity responsible for the statue, will press charges against the 24-years-old man. Lisbon police didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.

[Image: dom5.jpg]

Pictures obtained by Brazil’s Globo show that the statue was left in pieces.

GameVify.com
"I'm a gamer, not because I don't have a life... But because I choose to have many"
As I studied Portugese history in high school I know that Sebastian was a great ruler and did help Portugese in his short serving. He is a very iconic figure of Portugese culture. It is sad to see this happen
Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register