Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register

Venvasion
Woman Follows Car’s GPS Straight Into Lake
A driver in Canada took an unexpected swim. A 23-year-old woman from Ontario, Canada ended up going for a little swim shortly after midnight on May 13 when her GPS steered her into Lake Huron. She took a wrong turn as she was driving due to her adherence to her GPS, and according to the police say it would be fairly easy to end up plunging into Lake Huron if a wrong turn was inadvertently taken.
Quote:She would have been driving on the road, and then all of a sudden just dropped and hit water.
 [Image: ezwo.jpg]
 Lake Huron’s temperature was at around 4 C (39.2 F) at the time of the midnight swim. The woman was able to walk to a nearby hotel and call police from there. Her Toyota Yaris, along with the GPS, was fished from Lake Huron early Friday morning.
 [Image: ezwo1.jpg]

What drivers also forget is that sometimes GPS devices do not always account for things like bodies of water. Three Japanese tourists in Australia discovered this when they decided to try and take a trip to North Stradbroke Island, slightly off the coast of Brisbane.Nine miles of water, though, separated the mainland from the island – something which the GPS did not take into account.

The tourists didn’t stop when the road turned to gravel and then to thick mud. It wasn’t until water actually started lapping at the tires that they realized they needed to leave the vehicle and that the best way to get to the island was by ferry. The car could not be salvaged as a result of the GPS misdirection, said Inquisitr.com
Thats why I always think that we can't only rely on GPSs. Poor woman!
 [Image: Hello-Kitty-45-1.jpg]
People are far too fixated on satellite navigation. People should ALWAYS check the route on a map before they set off. And err... Read the road?

I read that she was also driving in thick fog, if the fog is so thick that you can't see, pull over and wait it out. It's far safer...
"I'm a gamer, not because I don't have a life... But because I choose to have many"
(05-18-2016, 08:45 AM)katos Wrote: People are far too fixated on satellite navigation. People should ALWAYS check the route on a map before they set off. And err... Read the road?

I read that she was also driving in thick fog, if the fog is so thick that you can't see, pull over and wait it out. It's far safer...

Yeah, the fog played a part.
 [Image: Hello-Kitty-45-1.jpg]
Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register