Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register

AceTy31
Mortal Kombat
I remember playing the SNES Mortal Kombat games.  I loved them, even though I could never figure out any of the fatalities or combos.  I'm a straight-up button masher.  Now that the games are out with more than five characters and better graphics, what does everyone think of the older MK games?  Do you still get nostalgic for them?
Yeah I could never memorize the button combo for fatalities. So I just end up punching the enemy in the face. LOL. Even when I play the newer versions now, I still prefer using characters from the original/older version like Scorpion, Sub Zero and Liu Kang.
(12-21-2015, 12:08 AM)miguel_francis Wrote: Yeah I could never memorize the button combo for fatalities. So I just end up punching the enemy in the face. LOL. Even when I play the newer versions now, I still prefer using characters from the original/older version like Scorpion, Sub Zero and Liu Kang.

I didn't even know where to find out what buttons to press.  I still don't, not for the older games.
I always prefered Soul Calibur or even Tekken to Mortal Kombat. I dislike excessive violence in games and I found the character designs extremely thrashy. I had MK for Gameboy, but never played it.
(12-21-2015, 12:08 AM)miguel_francis Wrote: Yeah I could never memorize the button combo for fatalities. So I just end up punching the enemy in the face. LOL. Even when I play the newer versions now, I still prefer using characters from the original/older version like Scorpion, Sub Zero and Liu Kang.

I think, even in modern Mortal Kombat games, it can be difficult to execute Fatalities. I seldom use Fatalities, though I have figured out a couple of them. They're cool to use, but I don't go out of my way to figure out how to do them. Yes, I do occasionally go back to the older Mortal Kombats, but I mainly stick to Mortal Kombat 3 and newer. Yes, I also like the classic characters.
I love the classic MK series. Personally I find Mortal Kombat II the best of the SNES MK's. The characters were epic, the fatalities very creative and the game had Kintaro & Shao Kahn as bosses, and you were able to use Shang Tsung for the first time! The only thing I don't like is that Kano is not in the game, haha.

Cheers!
Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register