Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register

AceTy31
PS3 vs PS4
I only own a PS3.  I'm on the fence about trying to get a PS4.  What are some advantages or disadvantages to the PS4?  Also, which do you prefer: PS3 or PS4?
I bought a PS4 a few months ago and I honestly don't use it that often. It's a good system, but the games are so expensive, and I don't find the exclusives to be worth the price of admission so far. A lot of the indie games that are at more reasonable prices are usually available for the PC as well, so I'd rather just get them on Steam. I'll give the PS4 kudos for the Playstation Plus service, however, as it grants you access to a lot of 'free' games (still have to pay for the service to access the things) as well as a lot of other perks.

I enjoyed my PS3 mainly because I could still play my old PS1 games on it. I don't know if you'd still be able to buy a system that allows for backwards compatibility going back that much, as I think the majority of PS3s stretch back to PS2 only. It was also nice to be able to easily use my PS3 controller on my PC, which I'm not sure you can do with the PS4 controller. Might be wrong, though.

Overall I've liked the PS3 more so far. I have a much larger PS3 library. The PS4 is still comparatively young, though, so that could change.
I think the PS4 is worth the upgrade for the most part. There are a lot of good games, and the hardware isn't too bad. The PS+ games are usually pretty good also if you're into that type of thing.
In terms of reasons to upgrade from the PS3 to the PS4 now, I can't think of much. All I know is that modern game developers are slowly showing less ans less support for the PS3. A good example of this is how the newest Call of Duty games are only being ported to the last gen console instead of being made directly by Sledgehammer or Treyarch. This is probably going to be the trend for the next few years as last gen consoles become more and more outdated.
(09-09-2015, 11:18 PM)HuskyGlazier Wrote: I think the PS4 is worth the upgrade for the most part. There are a lot of good games, and the hardware isn't too bad. The PS+ games are usually pretty good also if you're into that type of thing.
In terms of reasons to upgrade from the PS3 to the PS4 now, I can't think of much. All I know is that modern game developers are slowly showing less ans less support for the PS3. A good example of this is how the newest Call of Duty games are only being ported to the last gen console instead of being made directly by Sledgehammer or Treyarch. This is probably going to be the trend for the next few years as last gen consoles become more and more outdated.

Yeah, a lot of game developers have jumped ship to the new console.  I remember looking forward to Mortal Kombat X, only to find out that they changed their minds about releasing it on PS3.  I have heard that there aren't many good titles for PS4, though.
At the time I prefer the Ps3. We own a Ps4 but there just aren't many games to play for it that I can't also get on the 3. 
What I'm really waiting for are the new Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearst games, as well as Uncharted 4.
It's always the same problem whenever a new console comes out, publishers don't plan far enough in advance and then they spend the next few years playing catch up, creating new content for the new consoles.
At the moment I can't recommend buying a Ps4 unless you really want to play something like Blood borne or The Order:1886, both of which are incredible games but they don't really warrant the purchase just yet.
PS4, simply because it's newer. There are less and less games coming out for PS3 and just like with PSOne and PS2, games will eventually stop coming out and console will become obsolete. PS4 is simply the newest technology and you can still play pretty much all great PS3 exclusives on it already since they're all getting remasters and stuff like that. I say take the plunge and get yourself a PS4 and enjoy some fine games.
Well, it depends if there are a lot of games that you still want to play on the PS3! If you don't feel like playing any of the new, exclusive for PS4 titles, I wouldn't rush into buying in. Sooner or later, PS4 slim is gonna get released, and it will be much cheaper and better constructed than the standard version.
I also own a PS3 and consider buying PS4 in the future, but I don't really have a need for it right now. Most games that I've been interested in also came out on PC.
Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register