Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register

ILikegames22
Do You Like the Futuristic COD's?
I personally hate them. I probably won't but another new Call of Duty.
Advance warfare was pretty bad, Black Ops 3 is a lot better, while still bringing some future aspect into the game, however I do like the older ones a lot better!
Private message me with Questions, Comments, or Concerns.
I've only played Black Ops 2 and Advanced Warfare. I liked the latter far more than the former, Black Ops 2 had some fresh gameplay ideas but the futuristic aspect itself made me sick, it was way over the top with the spider tanks/mechs and endless drones. Advanced Warfare felt a bit less far-fatched with their exoskeleton technology and I thought the overall quality of the Campaign was much higher.

That said, I'll take a modern-day Call of Duty, or even one set in past wars, before another futuristic one. Black Ops 3 had zero interest from me.
I just played Black Ops 3 the other day, and I personally am not a fan of the futuristic base it has taken. It just isn't as well done as other futuristic shooter games I've seen, and I'm already pretty critical about those. I don't like the extra machinery, or a bit far reached technology in the COD world.
Black Ops 1 was a great one. I loved MW2, and a little bit of MW3. I can't get on with the Black Ops 3.
I don't play Call of Duty but I actually want to try the futuristic ones specifically because they are futuristic.
I don't like realistic war games, or World War 2 games or games about fighting terrorists.

I play space Marines. I play games like Halo, Mass Effect and Gears of War. So actually, the futuristic Call of Duty games are the first ones I don't hate on sight and might actually enjoy playing. So it's kind of funny that some people are giving up playing these games, and I want to start because of the futuristic new style.
I feel like they are probably the only way that it can depart from it's series trademark in an interesting fashion, but I feel like the universe of Advanced Warfare and Black Ops 2/3 just can't exist in tandem, as there's just too many inconsistencies between them. That being said, my favorite BO campaign is probably the first one, because of it's interesting conspiracy atmosphere and it's eerie subtexts. Really interesting character Mason is, and there were some really cool setpieces as well.
Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register