Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register

jobs.venter
The next PlayStation?
I haven't been getting any news about a PS5 yet, but I do have a crazy idea for what it could be.

With the Oculus Rift and other VR headgear getting better and better, perhaps Sony could integrate VR support into the next PlayStation and call it the PSV. Two things about that name: V for 5, and V for VIRTUAL. I'd say this would be a proper nifty marketing trick Sony could use for the next PlayStation! And if that would really happen, I'm quite excited for how it can transform the realm of gaming forever!

What do you say? Good idea or not?
(12-28-2015, 03:01 AM)jobs.venter Wrote: I haven't been getting any news about a PS5 yet, but I do have a crazy idea for what it could be.

With the Oculus Rift and other VR headgear getting better and better, perhaps Sony could integrate VR support into the next PlayStation and call it the PSV. Two things about that name: V for 5, and V for VIRTUAL. I'd say this would be a proper nifty marketing trick Sony could use for the next PlayStation! And if that would really happen, I'm quite excited for how it can transform the realm of gaming forever!

What do you say? Good idea or not?

I hope so too. 

Btw, i really hope when PS5 is out, we can have every game to be 60fps + 1440p. 

PS4 kinda disappointed me... some games like the witcher 3 can drop below 20fps is kinda ridiculous.
https://www.G2G.com - The best C2C platform for gamer to buy and sell virtual assets / goods!
That would be very cool. It would also feel like more of an upgrade than PS4. I never got one because I was told that very little was different about the PS4 than the PS3. I miss when a new game system meant cooler features. I really like your idea about calling it the V. Maybe you should apply at Sony. :)
That would be cool, but I'd like the price of VR to come down a touch before it gets incorporated into a full-fledged gaming system. PlayStation 4 is expensive enough without VR built in. I can only imagine how much the price would skyrocket with a headset. At the very least I'd hope it would be an optional peripheral.
I think we have a good ways until we get a PS5. At this point, I'm sure they know there are many changes that customers are going to be looking for, and it takes time to work on those. Just keeping pushing for it, they'll get to it eventually when enough people push for it.
I was thinking about this question more. It would be cool if it had a feature that told you what was wrong with a gaming disc. Have you ever put in a game (say a friend or family member borrowed it) and for some reason it just won't play anymore? Sometimes, it's really tiny scratches that you can't see or can barely see. It could be a bit of a clear liquid or something got dried onto there and you can't tell until you touch it. Sometimes a game just wears out. I wish that one of these systems can do something like a disc diagnostic.
Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register