Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register

mikado
Design/Digital Art forum
I'm in the process of creating one with a friend. Wondering what features you guys would like to see at a forum like this outside of the typical marketplace/showcase/tutorials/resources. 

We're also looking for a few staff.

curious about what your guys thoughts are on this type of forum? A digital art community basically.

As far as why I want to make this, designing (interface, forum skins, etc) and digital painting/photomanipulation is what I really enjoy doing lately and I've really wanted to make a community to dedicate my time and passion to.

What we have now is:

- Two staff

- A name

- Lots of passion

- Lots of connections as far as advertising goes, little connections as far as building a foundation of designers for a userbase when the site opens

- Domain name

- Potential for lots of video tutorials

Right now our main problems are:

- Thinking about what general direction we want to take the forum to keep it unique (Learning/tutorial based, resource based, gallery/competition based, or mostly discussion/general design based)

- Determining forum software. Zetaboards vs Xenforo at the moment. We're down to invest the money in xenforo but we want to find some staff first if we're going to do that. We're not going to buy the xenforo forum license with only two admins.

- We don't have many talented artists or interested moderators to join us as staff even though we're very ambitious and dedicated to the project.
urious about what your guys thoughts are on this type of forum? A digital art community basically.

As far as why I want to make this, designing (interface, forum skins, etc) and digital painting/photomanipulation is what I really enjoy doing lately and I've really wanted to make a community to dedicate my time and passion to.

What we have now is:
- Two staff
- A name
- Lots of passion
- Lots of connections as far as advertising goes, little connections as far as building a foundation of designers for a userbase when the site opens
- Domain name
- Potential for lots of video tutorials

Right now our main problems are:

- Thinking about what general direction we want to take the forum to keep it unique (Learning/tutorial based, resource based, gallery/competition based, or mostly discussion/general design based)

- Determining forum software. Zetaboards vs Xenforo at the moment. We're down to invest the money in xenforo but we want to find some staff first if we're going to do that. We're not going to buy the xenforo forum license with only two admins.

- We don't have many talented artists or interested moderators to join us as staff even though we're very ambitious and dedicated to the project.
Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register