Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register

Forum Authority - Recent Change List.
Good evening everyone, 

Over the last few weeks, I have made several noticeable and subtle changes on Forum Authority. Instead of announcing a change after it was made, I decided I would create a thread detailing every change I have made to date. Changes have been made internally and externally, from regular maintenance on performance to theme improvements, feature implementation, responsiveness and mobile theme structure. 

Implementations, Changes, Improvements, and more: 
  • Last Post Avatar
    Avatars will now be displayed for the most recent poster, this will be displayed on the Forum Authority homepage and thread list. Upon clicking the avatar it will bring up a modal displaying brief information on the user including their online status and navigation links.
  • Hiden Collapse
    By default the collapse image within each forum category is now hidden if you still wish to use this function, simply however of the category title and the image will reappear.
  • Forum Descriptions
    Hovering over the title in each section will bring up a more in-depth description, containing more information regarding that specific section.
  • Forum Prefix
    Prefixes have now been implemented for the marketplace section, current prefixes are titled "Host" "Service" "Product", please use them accordingly to the thread you wish to create, doing so will categorize your thread, in time making it easier for users to find exactly what they're looking for.
  • Thread-list tweaks
    While browsing threads, within each section, you may have noticed some changes, however the most noticeable of them all would be the thread icons. Not only do they make the thread section look neat and put together, but they also have a purpose. If you hover your mouse over each icon, it will tell you exactly what that icon represents. For example, hot thread, new posts, contains posts by you etc. Also to the right of the thread title it will display the amount of replies and views that thread has.
  •  One Year Member Badge
    If you have been a member of Forum Authority for a total of one year, you will automatically receive the One Year Member badge, this will be displayed in your posts right above your user statistics.
  • Forum Responsiveness:
    The responsiveness of Forum Authority has drastically improved, You will now find the whole of the user control panel is responsive as well as private messaging and member profiles. I have also done several tweaks in the thread list, search results, posts, and homepage.
  • Viewing Private Messages
    The layout of viewing a private message has been slightly tweaked. The user content itself will only show the users avatar, username, user title, stars, and user group. As for the content of the private message, unnecessary buttons have been removed. Changes have also been made to the private message list, Quick Links have been given styling, quick-search has been removed and replaced with the full search feature, you will now also find your private message storage notification to the left next to "Inbox".
  • Viewing Posts
    Viewing posts on tablets or mobiles will now display more of the member information, such as their user title, user stars and user group. I have also fixed the issue where the user avatar was glitched. You may now also notice that the buttons within each post will display a relevant icon to its function, viewing posts on devices will replace the button text with purely its relevant icon.
  • User Control Panel & Messenger Icons
    The User Control Panel and Messenger icons have now been updated and replaced by new, flat icons that not only work well with the theme, but they also match the color scheme.
  • Removed Features:
    The Post Icons and Thread Ratings have been completed removed, this is due to the popularity of the feature declining, however, new features will be implemented taking its place.
There will be several more changes to come including guidelines for the marketplace, reviewing and updating Forum Authority's rules, implementing terms and conditions for member subscriptions, automatic monthly newsletter, updated registration agreement, and revamped FAQ page. 

Thank you for reading, 
Forum Authority Team.
[Image: CeODU1G.gif]
Good changes.
Good changes, my son
Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register