Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register

Who's your favourite Philosopher/Thinker of all-Time?
Mine would be Confucius, I just admire the guy very much and try to abide by his principles of mutual respect and understanding. He understood human nature very well, I think myself of him.
 [Image: Hello-Kitty-45-1.jpg]
(11-28-2015, 06:43 PM)Naiwen Wrote: Mine would be Confucius, I just admire the guy very much and try to abide by his principles of mutual respect and understanding. He understood human nature very well, I think myself of him.
René Descartes
(05-15-2016, 08:42 PM)seed Wrote:
(11-28-2015, 06:43 PM)Naiwen Wrote: Mine would be Confucius, I just admire the guy very much and try to abide by his principles of mutual respect and understanding. He understood human nature very well, I think myself of him.
René Descartes
I know him too, I studied him as well in my philosophy classes. And why do you prefer him please?
 [Image: Hello-Kitty-45-1.jpg]
As for thinker, Stephen Hawking would be the one.
My favourite philosopher would be Friedrich Nietzsche. 

Just his ideas about nihilism, critique of religions and morality, critique of truth in favour of perspectives  - I greatly agree with a lot of his theories. In addition to this, his poetry and writings, and his love for irony and aphorisms - just the cherry on top for me. 
I grew up learning about him because my dad used to give lectures on philosophical studies at the local university.
Arthur Schopenhauer
Unfortunately I really can't put my opinion on this one as I don't necessarily have one.
[Image: CeODU1G.gif]
Probably Ludwig Wittgenstein. I think his writings within the philosophy of language are really interesting. Besides him I've worked a lot on John Stuart Mill, who is a quite decent one, though a bit boring.
Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register