First theme from the ground up

Tagobs

Community Team
Staff member
Mod
26 March 2020
Norway

Hey guys!

Lately I've been working a little bit on a new forum theme, and for the first time I'm building it from the ground up. I don't really have an end goal with it, I'm just playing around and I see it as a learning experience more than anything. I've added a couple of screenshots, and would really like to get your feedback on it!

Tagobs

Community Team
Staff member
Mod
26 March 2020
Norway

a lot of flexboxes.
[/quote]

that's awesome man what forum software are you basing your design on
[/quote]

I'm currently basing it on what I know best, which for better or worse is phpBB. But who knows, maybe I'll try to tweak it for other forum platforms as well. I've got a XenForo license that's just gathering dust right now, so maybe I'll put it to use.

By the way, here's a peak at how the thread view looks on a phone.

Tagobs

Community Team
Staff member
Mod
26 March 2020
Norway

The 'start a new thread'-page is close to being completed, though there are still some things in the bottom of the page that has to be fixed. What do you guys think?

TopSilver

Junior +
18 April 2020

It shows some talented coding skills. I actually am into making themes sometimes as well depending on what platform it is or if it's just straight html/css barebones. I like the blue color of it. Not bad. Keep up the good work.

Tagobs

Community Team
Staff member
Mod
26 March 2020
Norway

TopSilver said:
It shows some talented coding skills. I actually am into making themes sometimes as well depending on what platform it is or if it's just straight html/css barebones. I like the blue color of it. Not bad. Keep up the good work.
Thank you! :rofl:

Now I'm in the process of turning the HTML/CSS into an actual phpBB-theme, which has some challenges. I'm not too familiar with all the different phpBB loops and events, but it's slowly going in the right direction.

digital

Community Team Leader
Staff member
Team Leader
27 April 2020
Scotland

Make sure you let us see a demo of the completed product.

About Us

Forum Authority is a general discussion forum. We currently have a variety of categories to choose from, where you can participate in discussions. We also have many features such as a powerful credits & awards system, custom upgrades, plugins + more! Here you have the opportunity to meet new people, learn something new, find unique resources & tutorials, win contests & prizes, receive freebies and be given advice or help.