Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register

Poll: Do you believe in God?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes.
53.33%
8 53.33%
No.
46.67%
7 46.67%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Dr Zoidberg
Do you believe in God?
Title says it all.

Do you believe in God? Why?

Post arguments and lets discuss them. Really curious about how the forum sees faith.

If you'd ask me, I'd answer with the following question: Which one?
[Image: DRPkiTY.gif]
I'm agnostic.

Currently looking into Buddhism for its spiritualism and general principles, but I'm not religious and I doubt I ever will be. I have tried to have faith in the past but was never able to believe in a higher being. But I think it's absolutely possible that God or other deities exist.
(11-27-2016, 09:41 PM)Gooze Wrote: I'm agnostic.

Currently looking into Buddhism for its spiritualism and general principles, but I'm not religious and I doubt I ever will be. I have tried to have faith in the past but was never able to believe in a higher being. But I think it's absolutely possible that God or other deities exist.

Pretty nice response, I honestly wasn't expecting this.
I was also thinking about getting into Buddhism but on some level it would mean I'd have to give up a part of myself and I don't want that.
I wish you the best of luck on your journey my friend.
I am a firm non-believer.

"God" and "Satan" are figures inside you, which is why there are different views of him. People get offended because that's what they believe in. Some think God is watching them, some think he's in the sky forgiving their sins. 

The only thing I believe in that has no proof is reincarnation, I mean, 6-7 billion people in the earth? 15,000 births in an hour and 6,000 deaths in an hour? 4 births a second and 2 deaths a second? Impossible.

That's just my view.
(11-27-2016, 09:56 PM)[Cyber] SlapThaBox Wrote: I am a firm non-believer.

"God" and "Satan" are figures inside you, which is why there are different views of him. People get offended because that's what they believe in. Some think God is watching them, some think he's in the sky forgiving their sins. 

The only thing I believe in that has no proof is reincarnation, I mean, 6-7 billion people in the earth? 15,000 births in an hour and 6,000 deaths in an hour? 4 births a second and 2 deaths a second? Impossible.

That's just my view.

Maybe you get to choose if you want get reincarnated or not. 
I read a great book called "Ramtha The White Book" which explained life like this:
We were born in this world to learn how to love unconditionally, that is our mission. Once a person learns that in his life he can choose to move on, after death, taking him to a new world where he must learn something else. There are entities, people that went trough all the stages, that are here to help guide us. Once can choose to come back to this world to be close to a loved one again.

Not a quote but it's a part of the message the book is giving. It also covers reincarnation as a 'retry' and a 'replay'.
Retry if you didn't learn what you were supposed to learn and replay if you want to live again in this world.
(11-27-2016, 09:56 PM)On3. Wrote: I was also thinking about getting into Buddhism but on some level it would mean I'd have to give up a part of myself and I don't want that.
I wish you the best of luck on your journey my friend.

Yeah, it'd not something I am committing to at all at this point. But I think having some sort of higher belief and faith-based community to fall back on would be really useful, and is the main benefit to being religious. It would be nice to have something to count on.
Thanks, and to you as well.

(11-27-2016, 09:56 PM)[Cyber] SlapThaBox Wrote: "God" and "Satan" are figures inside you, which is why there are different views of him. People get offended because that's what they believe in. Some think God is watching them, some think he's in the sky forgiving their sins. 

Well, there are different interpretations and beliefs for everything. Inconsistency doesn't disprove all of them.
That reminds me of a story or something, think it was on /r/nosleep or /r/writingprompts but I can't find the link. The gist was, "Reincarnation is real. There is a set number of human souls and the population is quickly outnumbering it. What's filling the bodies?" Pretty neat idea for a story, IMO.
(11-27-2016, 10:06 PM)Gooze Wrote: Yeah, it'd not something I am committing to at all at this point. But I think having some sort of higher belief and faith-based community to fall back on would be really useful, and is the main benefit to being religious. It would be nice to have something to count on.
Thanks, and to you as well.

I agree. It's good to believe in something, it will make you feel safe at times. But taking it too far and building your whole life around it is a bit overkill imo.
I'm a believer but not going to get into this discussion, if you believe good and if you dont thats fine
[Image: 4OSgUXa.png]
I believe in god, but with that being said I do not force religion on anyone people have the right to believe what they want.
(11-28-2016, 12:29 AM)South Wrote: I believe in god, but with that being said I do not force religion on anyone people have the right to believe what they want.

Exactly!
Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register